Webinar Series: Point-of-Care IT Connectivity and Data Management
Juni 14, 2022
This webinar will include a review of common tests performed at the point of care (POC) in the emergency department (ED), as well as evidence supporting improved patient care or hospital efficiency through the use of POC in the ED.
About this webinar series
In this three-part webinar series, we will present topics across the diagnostic testing workflow, from the sample collection and preanalytical phase, to the analytical phase, and finally the postanalytical and data management phase.
Session One: Introduction and Preanalytical
June 1st at 11:00am ET/ 8:00am PT
Speaker: Dragoş M. Bărglăzan
Clinical Biologist and Deputy Head of Unit, Biochemistry and Core Lab
LHUB-ULB Site - CHU Brugmann
- Identify steps to ensure test result accuracy and documentation
- Describe process of patient test report integration, documentation in EMR, and make available to HCP for clinical intervention
- Describe mechanisms to allow accurate and timely data access and management
- Discuss how patient records and security can be recalled, ensuring availability of middleware that enables correcting of results when archiving data
Session Two: Analytical
June 7th at 11:00am ET/ 8:00am PT
Speaker: Ali Youssef
Director, Medical Device and IOT Security
Henry Ford Health System
- How to secure correct data entry
- Efficient lookup functions, integration of systems
- Quality testing on devices, turnaround time of test result reporting
- Methods to improve workflow efficiency
- Reduce possible errors on usability
- General usability
Session Three: Postanalytical
June 14th at 11:00am ET/ 8:00am PT
Lead Biomedical Scientist in Pathology Management
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Ensure test result accuracy and documentation
- Integration of results and sent to the correct location, sending patient result to EMR, and final reports to HCP for clinical intervention
- Have accurate and timely data access and management
- Recall of patient records and security, ensuring availability of middleware that enables correcting of results when archiving data
Who should attend?
Hospital C-suite, lab directors, POC coordinators, nurses, pharmacists, patient care technicians, lab assistants, clinicians, IT managers and staff, Respiratory directors, and cardiovascular specialists.
Can't make it?
This webinar series will be available on-demand. Please register to receive the on-demand links.